The genital wart removal should be guided by the reference of the patient, the available resources, and the experience of the health care provider. You should not that, eradicating visible lesions does not end the viral infection. Some says it reduces contagiousness but it is not certain. Spontaneous improvements of resolution of genital warts occur in a minority of patients, so an acceptable alternative for some person is to forego treatment and wait for spontaneous resolution.
Wart removal treatments are classified in to two; those that are applied by the patient and those that are applied by the providers. Those modalities that are applied by the patient are administered in privacy at home of the patient. To ensure effectiveness of these modalities that are applied by the patient himself, the patient must ensure that all the necessary instruction are followed and must be able to identify and reach all the genital warts. No follow up visit is necessary for the person using the patient applied therapy.
Genital warts Remedies:
- Used of Podofilox drug: They are antimitotic drugs that are mostly useful for genital wart removal. They are easy to use and expensive as compared to others. This solution are applied using a cotton swab or you can apply with a finger. Application of podifilox drug is done in a circle where you apply genitals warts for three days then followed by four days of no therapy.
- Use of Imiquimod: imiquimod is a drug that enhance immunity by stimulating production of interferon and other cytokines. This cream is applied just before you sleep for three days a in a week. You will then be required to wash the area treated after about eight hours after the application. This is done for up to sixteen weeks before warts are completely removed.
- Use of sinecatechin ointment: this is an containing an active product. This extract is applied three times daily using a finger. This product should only be used for less than sixteen weeks which is the time that the wart will be expected to have disappear. There is no need to wash the medication after us. Ensure that sexual conduct are avoided while the skin is still treated with these ointment.
- Use of cryotherapy: This method uses thermal-induction cytolysis to destroy warts. It requires proper training before using this method. Over application result in complication while under application will end up being inefficient.
- Pedophyllin resin: this drugs are applied and air-dried before the treated area comes in contuct with clothing. If they are not dried or much is applied, then irritation may result since the compound will spread to adjacent parts. Treatment should be done on weakly basis.
- Surgical therapy: therapy eliminates warts at a single visit. However, such therapy requires enough training. Once the local anesthesia is applied, the genital wart can be destroyed by electrocautery, a case in which it requires no additional homeostasis.
- Combination therapy:Since all the available treatment, have disadvantages, some clinical uses combination therapy. There are limited risk and complication associated with such combinations.
- Other rigiments: Other regimens include treatment options that are associated with more side effect. This alternative regiments includes intralesional interferon, photodynamic therapy, and cidofovir.